Sunday, July 19, 2015

INCREASING JOB OPPORTUNITIES AMONG THARUS OF WEST CHAMPARAN BIHAR



Video uploaded by Dr Ajay Kumar Ojha

This video clip "From the Eyes of Dr Ajay Kumar Ojha" details about increasing job opportunities among the Tharus of West Champaran Bihar India after attaining the status of Schedule Tribe in 2003. This fact  has been brought to our viewers through the interview of Yogendra Mahto himself a Tharu of Bakhari Bazaar village on Ramnagar-Gobardhana road in Ramnagar block of West Champaran. I had personally seen the call letter received by Navendra for the post of Sub Inspector and I was overjoyed to see the same as I have been witness to ups- and -downs taking place not in this village  but in this region also since 1987-88 as part of my field work based on participant observation for PhD from JNU, New Delhi. So my association with the Tharus of West Champaran has been long long one which is still continuing. In fact in my school days, one of my  best friend happened to be a Tharu named Dharmraj Khatait. So my bonding with the Tharus of West Champaran may date back to late sixties of 20th Century. This selfless bonding, at times, appears to be eternal, nay it is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment